I get asked all the time what makes one artificial grass installer any different from the next? And why does one artificial grass installer quote a lot less than another?
There are so many people claiming to be artificial grass installation experts it can be hard to choose the best person for your job. Read on to find out some questions to ask before choosing the best artificial grass installer.
1. How much aggregate will be used? If you don’t have enough aggregates under your artificial grass it will sink. Less aggregates also means less costs thus a cheaper quote. Putting just a layer of sharp sand under the grass may look ok now but not in 6 months time. Why ask how long the warranty of the grass is when it will look awful in less than a year.
2. How do you prevent grass curl up? If you don’t concrete in timber or other fixings you will get grass curl up at the side due to worm casts. No fixings means less labour means cheaper quote.
3. What type of membrane will be used? Membrane must be good quality and woven to let water pass through. Has anyone asked you if you have a dog? If so the membrane must be on the bottom, as it will trap the urine.
4. Does your fence need replacing? If your fence is falling down replace it before your grass is laid. It will be impossible to fit a new fence to your grass line.(I know its simple but I hear it all the time).
5. Who will be laying the grass? Just because you have called a big brand name doesn’t mean you will be getting professional installers. Most big companies are franchises and have little control over who will be installing their product. You will more than likely be paying a big brand price to get Dave the builder, with 6 months experience installing your lawn.
6. Ask to sign off the ground works before the grass goes down.
7. Ask to see examples of recent work. Professional installation of grass is a difficult job. Ask to look at examples of the companies work. If they are happy with the standard of work they will provide this or have all their jobs posted on Facebook like we do.
8. Does your installer have a power brush? We power brush all our installs.
9. Where is the grass manufactured? What is in the backing? What standard does it test to? Can I see a roll before it is cut? (A sample hides a lot of sins, no drainage holes, bad quality backing and striping). I invite you to my yard to see what you are getting before you decide.
If you ask your artificial grass installer these questions you will soon be able to get a feel for the quality of the work you are likely to receive.
Perfect Grass Ltd takes pride in being a family run business that uses only the most professional and experienced installers. If you choose us you will get an artificial grass installation that will last for many years. If you have any further questions please comment below or call us on 020 81664168 for a free quote or fill out our online quotation form.