The best synthetic grass for dogs and pets on the market
We have many dog owners enquire whether our artificial grass is safe for their pets.
Perfect Grass Ltd can safely say that we offer some of the best and safest fake grass for dogs on the market today.
The complete range of artificial grass that Perfect Grass Ltd offers is ideal for all domestic pets including dogs.
When sourcing our fake grass we have made sure that it is free from toxins and is hard wearing so no harm can come to your pets.
Why use artificial dog grass
1. Fitting artificial grass ensures a clean house
One of the biggest issues dog owners have is of keeping the house clean. You let you dog out in the garden, they run around in the mud and rain and then they come back in and run through the house. Before you know it your house and your dogs are filthy.
Although we can’t guarantee that your house will always be spotless with pets having artificial grass installed will dramatically reduce the amount of mud brought into the house saving you valuable time and effort on cleaning.
2. Great looking lawn all year
Little maintenance is need to allow your artificial lawn to look great all year round.
3. Easy to clean
Only occasional cleaning is required. See below on how we recommend you clean the grass.
4. No need to spend long hours maintaining a lawn
5. Very hard for dogs to dig up an artificial lawn
If your grass is laid by professionals your dog will not be able to dig the grass up. Fitted by anyone else and it can potentially be a problem. Ask your installer what measure they are taking to prevent your grass being dug up by your dog.
6. No chemicals needed on the grass
Unlike a real grass lawn artificial lawn an artificial lawn requires no chemicals to help it look green and healthy.
How to install artificial grass for dogs
It is imperative that the artificial grass for dogs is installed correctly. Our approach is very similar to that we adopt for all garden lawns. There are only a few minor tweaks we make. Below is a brief overview of these tweaks along with the essential steps that are needed when fitting grass specifically for dogs.
1. The existing lawn needs to be well dug out.
2. A free draining sub base of Type 1 aggregates topped with granite dust allows the rain water to wash the dog wee through the lawn.
3. The membrane MUST be on the bottom of the groundworks otherwise it traps the urine and odours can be smelled in the drier months on the year.
4. The timber fixings we concrete in around the edge of the lawn give us a surface to attach the grass to and it also prevents the dogs pulling it up.
5. The grass choice must have a short pile and good drainage. The Outfield product is an ideal choice because it has a 25mm pile and lets a mighty 60 litres per m² in a minute pass through it.
All the processes we adopt are put in place for a reason and have been tried and tested over many years.
How to prevent your artificial grass smelling of dog wee
For most of the year your artificial grass will just need a hose down once in a while to remove any excess dog faeces or urine. You can either do this with a garden hose or a pressure washer. If you use a pressure washer make sure to maintain a good distance from the grass as you don’t want to tear away the grass fibres. The groundworks we put down will allow the water to quickly drain away. For the remainder of the time natural rain will keep the grass clean. It will only be during the warm summer months when rainfall is less frequent that you may need to take extra steps to stop your lawn smelling of dog wee.
If you do happen to get a dog wee smell on your grass we have come up with a unique method of keeping your grass free from the smell of dog wee during these drier months. We spent many years testing different products before finally coming up with this simple solution. Here I have written an in depth report on the products tested and the product I recommend ‘Artificial Grass Dog Wee Sand‘.
Best grass products for dogs
These are the most popular pet grasses that we install for our customers. It depends on many factors including how many dogs the owner has, the size of dogs, the size of the garden as to which is the most suitable.